Welcome to Fruits of Frugality!
- King of the couponAh, the coupon. A favorite tool of marketeers and retail supermarkets and a magnet for some shoppers. The coupon is a voucher which can be digital (such as in the form of a code you have to enter upon purchase) or physical which entitles the holder to some sort of discount of the purchase of… Read More »King of the coupon
- Icarus: looking back at an interesting and turbulent period in wake of the Gamestop frenzyThe start of the year very much continued in the same vein as 2020: unpredictable and frantic. There was turmoil in Washington which was gobbled up by spectators all over the globe. In the US, there is a new president and the Covid pandemic is still raging while countries are struggling to plan the jabs… Read More »Icarus: looking back at an interesting and turbulent period in wake of the Gamestop frenzy
- The Lobster Trap (Part 1): Introduction of passive incomeFor most of us, there is a goal, a direction or purpose as to why we are undertaking these acts of frugality or careful investment efforts. For some, it is an easing of mind: that things will get easier in the future, that it will enable some sort of freedom. For others, it is a… Read More »The Lobster Trap (Part 1): Introduction of passive income
- Piece of CakeNote: the following article will be mainly targeted at a Belgian audience. It is quite an interesting time to be alive, in many ways. As the pandemic is raging on in Europe and people are confined to their homes for the second time in 2020, I have the luxury of having a job which allows… Read More »Piece of Cake
- 2020: A wrap-upAs the festive season is upon us, one can get a bit melancholic and reflect upon the past year. I think it is fair to say that 2020 has been the most bizarre year in a lot of people’s lives. Confined to our homes for about three quarters of the year, 2020 will for a lot of… Read More »2020: A wrap-up
- That way we’ll have itIt can be painful from time to time to reflect and confront yourself with some of the expensive habits you have. As I recently moved into my humble new home, I was looking for ways to fill the huge shelf above my desk. My girlfriend had managed to fill it halfway already with plants in… Read More »That way we’ll have it