Welcome to Fruits of Frugality!
Here, we aim for a lifestyle that helps you on your way to financial independence. This is focused on two types of articles: those focusing on reducing your costs and those aiming to boost your income. Enjoy!
- Dumpster diving as a great way to reduce your grocery billI can imagine a few eyebrows being raised when reading the words ‘grocery’ and ‘dumpster’ in one sentence. Give this article a chance though! Although I can understand it will perhaps not inspire you to do the same, it might at least give a good thought on consumerism and combating food waste. For those not… Read More »Dumpster diving as a great way to reduce your grocery bill
- 5 Frugal New Year’s resolutionsI already hinted to it in my earlier post, but I aim to be a bit more disciplined in the year to come (without taking out too much of the fun aspect, of course!). Now, I have also put my ‘Frugal New Year’s resolutions’ on paper! Yes, I allow you to confront me with it… Read More »5 Frugal New Year’s resolutions
- 2021: a wrap-upHere we are again! The year 2021 draws to an end, and that is a perfect time for some critical self-reflection between your never-ending Christmas dinners with the family. While you are digesting your fourth refill of the evening, take a moment to look back on your past 12 months. Did you get where you… Read More »2021: a wrap-up
- Milk it or leave it: health insuranceNote: the below article is mainly applicable for the Belgian readers. With 2021 drawing to a close, it is typically a time for reflection. How has the past year been for you? Have you been able to cope with the special circumstances that we’ve been through the past year? And how are your financials looking?… Read More »Milk it or leave it: health insurance
- Alternative travel plans for an unusual summer: camping in someone’s gardenThe summer of 2021 could normally be described as one as we haven’t seen before, were it not for the fact that it is shaping up to be more or less a rerun of last year. In some parts of the world already quite a lot is allowed as the pace of delivering jabs has… Read More »Alternative travel plans for an unusual summer: camping in someone’s garden
- King of the couponAh, the coupon. A favorite tool of marketeers and retail supermarkets and a magnet for some shoppers. The coupon is a voucher which can be digital (such as in the form of a code you have to enter upon purchase) or physical which entitles the holder to some sort of discount of the purchase of… Read More »King of the coupon