I already hinted to it in my earlier post, but I aim to be a bit more disciplined in the year to come (without taking out too much of the fun aspect, of course!). Now, I have also put my ‘Frugal New Year’s resolutions’ on paper! Yes, I allow you to confront me with it in 12 months.
Frugal New Year’s Resolutions
- Cut down on the heating: something I already started with. This sounds quite radical when the outside temperature is dropping below the freezing point. However, I was used to putting my heating on a (very) comfortable 21°. As from now, I’m experimenting it at keeping it 1 degree lower at 20°. This still quite a pleasant temperature. As for how much it will save me: I don’t know yet, but will try to track my consumption thoroughly. With the huge spike in energy prices, I expect the impact to be rather significant. A modest contribution to the environment as well!
- In 2022, I will no longer buy new clothes*. If I need extra clothes, I will get them via Vinted or a second-hand store.. The offer on display is huge. It will save me a significant buck and will reduce my ecological footprint as well.
- I will consistently keep my Cake app linked. This one is super easy. It gives me additional insight in my finances and generates a very modest passive income.
- I will switch to HZIV from CM for my health insurance. This should be a quick win. The reason for this switch is explained here.
- I will get my grip together and start baking my own bread again. Seriously, one of the first articles I wrote on this website was the numerous advantages of baking your own bread. Yet since I ran out of flour months ago I have completely neglected it. Time to get my act together again!
*= Apart from underwear.
What are yours? Any thought on mine? Feel free to reach out in the comments section below or connect via Twitter. Wishing you a very pleasant end of year!